Living close to nature has its own advantages. One of them being, chances of having your very own garden that may be full of trees and other gifts of nature. There may be times when the trees need to be trimmed due to reasons like overgrowth, maintenance or even if you have a bright idea of creating something unique with the wood.
It is always a good idea to have a decent collection of tools in the garden shed. Having a branded chainsaw can prove to be one of the best buys, especially if you like dealing with wood. Always invest in a good quality tool from a renowned brand as this brand of chainsaw will always last longer and require minimum maintenance.
If you are relatively new to using a chainsaw, always bear in mind certain factors. Using it can be delightful but also potentially dangerous if proper precautionary measures are not taken. Following are a few tips on how to use a chainsaw.
Never use a chainsaw without the following measures:
- A hard hat
- Closed shoes with steel toes
- Ear protection
- Eye protection
- Thick long pants.
How to use a chainsaw
- While using that chainsaw always hold the handle with your left hand and support the rear end with the right one.
- While using the blade, never cut with the upper portion as this may cause a kickback.
- Best is to use the middle portion as working to close to the lower end is also not advisable.
- Cutting wood too close to the ground may increase your chances of a kickback.
- If the chainsaw gets engaged, simply pullback and unlock it.
- Work on a chainsaw from the side. Hovering over the workspace could increase your chances of a potentially dangerous kickback.
- You can cut upwards using the top end of the bar and downwards using the bottom end of the bar.
It is always best to observe and practice using a chainsaw before you actually try using it hands on.